Black Bean Burger
- x4 to 6
Heat 2 tablespoons oil.
Add onion, garlic and green pepper. Cook about 5 minutes.
Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
Place cashews in a food processor and chop.
Place onions and peppers in a bowl.
Place beans in food processor. Pulse until beans roughly chopped.
Transfer to bowl with onion/pepper mixture.
Add egg and bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper. Fold together gently.
Form 6-8 patties from bean mixture.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Cook and flip until well browned.
Add cheese if desired. Add toppings to top/bottom bun as desired. Close burgers and serve immediately.
- 500 g cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 50 g vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 100 g roasted cashews
- 120 g finely crumbled feta or cottage cheese
- 1 whole egg
- 80 g bread crumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cheese as desired, such as cheddar or Swiss (optional)
- 4 to 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- Condiments as desired, such as ketchup, mustard
- Toppings as desired, such as shredded lettuce, sliced onions, and pickles